This project is read-only.

Missing files and build issues.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
First off, great job and thanks for putting this project together. It's wonderful to be a be able to compile and debug ffMpeg inside Visual Studio.

There were a few missing files from the distribution.
  1. The main problem was the free_type library had lots of missing stuff. I was able to remove the free_type externals and then comment out the calls, but it would be nice if they were either present or disabled at the compilation level.
  2. Two version.h files were missing:
    libpostproc\version.h
    libswresample\version.h

I was able to copy them from an ffMpeg source tarball and that worked.
  3. Your project file tries to attach to your TFS server. Not a big deal, but would be nice if the distributed file didn't do that.
  4. Would be nice if you mentioned that vsyasm had to be installed as well. Again, not a big deal, but until I googled it, wasn't sure if the files were missing from .zip or was a separate download.
*** Any chance of building this a separate DLLs ( like avcodec-53.dll, avformat-53.dll, etc)? This way we could debug directly from our C++ application which calls directly into the DLLs.

Thanks, Dan
Dec 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
hi, Videoredo! I am having the same problem, could not if you throw me a working project? Thanks, leo
Jan 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I really appreciate your converting project. Now, there are some errors when it was compiled with my vs2012 envirement. Does somebody has the same problems?
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
22 error : "D3DPOOL_DEFAULT" has already been declared in the current scope C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\shared\d3d9types.h 1523 1 winffmpeg (Intel C++ 14.0)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
D3DPOOL_DEFAULT is one enum value defined at line 1521 in the head file "d3d9types.h" like that:
/ Pool types /
typedef enum _D3DPOOL {
D3DPOOL_DEFAULT                 = 0,
D3DPOOL_MANAGED                 = 1,
D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM               = 2,
D3DPOOL_SCRATCH                 = 3,

D3DPOOL_FORCE_DWORD             = 0x7fffffff
} D3DPOOL;

Would you like to give me some advice about it?